Click here to View our P2C Site to be able to search inmates, view recent arrests, and see most wanted.
When Inmates are booked into the Morgan County Jail, the Cash that they have on them is placed into an account at the Sheriff’s Office that allows them to purchase items from the jail commissary. Friends and Family members may also send a money order, or place money in the kiosk in the MCSO Lobby.
An Inmate may purchase a phone card off of the jail commissary to be used for making phone calls. Friends and family members may also visit TELMATE or call 866.516.0115 to be assisted in adding money.
How to Mail a Letter to an Inmate
*needs to be addressed as follows:
119 Lee St. NE
Decatur, AL 35601
PLEASE NOTE THAT MAIL FOUND TO HAVE CONTRABAND OR OTHER MATERIAL NOT ACCEPTED IS AS FOLLOWS, AND WILL BE REJECTED:
- MATERIAL THAT DEPICTS, DESCRIBES, OR ENCOURAGES ACTIVITES THAT COULD LEAD TO PHYSICAL VIOLENCE OR GROUP DISRUPTION INCLUDING MATERIALS DEALING WITH SUBJECTS OF SELF DEFENSE, SURVIVAL, WEAPONRY, ARMAMENTS, EXPLOSIVES, OR INCENDIARY DEVICES.
- INFORMATION REGARDING PLANS TO ESCAPE, COMMIT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES, OR TO VIOLATE MORGAN COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY RULES
- INFORMATION REGARDING THE PRODUCTION OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL
- SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIALS
- THREATS, EXTORTION, OBSCENITY, OR GRATUTIOUS PROFANITY
- ANYTHING OF MONETARY VALUE OTHER THAN A MONEY ORDER
- OTHER CONTRABAND INCLUDING STAMPS, ENVELOPES, WRITING PAPER, OR ANY OTHER ITEM THAT CAN BE PURCHASED OFF THE STORE.
Bringing an Inmate Property
Within the first 10 days of an Inmates incarceration, an Inmate may be brought the following items:
- 2 pair of white socks
- 2 pair of briefs or panties (or 1 underwear and 1 thermal
- 2 white t-shirts (or 1 t-shirt and 1 thermal top)
- 2 sports bras (no wire or clasps)
- 1 white towel
- 1 white washcloth
- 1 soft cover bible
ALL ITEMS MUST HAVE INMATES NAME PLACED ON ITEM WITH BLACK PERMANENT MARKER