Directions To Morgan County Sheriff's Office
The Morgan County Jail is Located at: 119 Lee St. Decatur, AL, 35601
View Photos of the Groundbreaking for the addition to the Morgan County Jail opening in Late 2015 Here
Inmate Visitation Hours
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00am - 10:45am : 12:00pm - 3:45pm
SATURDAY 8:00am - 10:45am : 12:00pm - 2:15pm
SUNDAY 9:00am - 10:45am : 12:00pm - 3:45pm
INMATES ARE ALLOWED 3 VISITS PER WEEK UNLESS HOUSED IN HONOR DORM
SPECIAL VISITATION HOURS FOR TRUSTEE'S AND HONOR-DORM
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND SATURDAY - 6:00PM - 7:45PM
How do I give an Inmate Money?
When Inmates are booked into the Morgan County Jail, the Cash that they have on them is placed into an account at the Sheriff’s Office that allows them to purchase items from the jail commissary. Friends and Family members may place money in the kiosk in the MCSO Lobby.
How do I add money to an Inmate's phone?
An Inmate may purchase a phone card off of the jail commissary to be used for making phone calls. Friends and family members may also visit TELMATE or call 866.516.0115 to be assisted in adding money.
How to Mail a Letter to an Inmate?
*needs to be addressed as follows:
119 Lee St. NE
Decatur, AL 35601
PLEASE NOTE THAT MAIL FOUND TO HAVE CONTRABAND OR OTHER MATERIAL NOT ACCEPTED IS AS FOLLOWS, AND WILL BE REJECTED:
- MATERIAL THAT DEPICTS, DESCRIBES, OR ENCOURAGES ACTIVITES THAT COULD LEAD TO PHYSICAL VIOLENCE OR GROUP DISRUPTION INCLUDING MATERIALS DEALING WITH SUBJECTS OF SELF DEFENSE, SURVIVAL, WEAPONRY, ARMAMENTS, EXPLOSIVES, OR INCENDIARY DEVICES.
- INFORMATION REGARDING PLANS TO ESCAPE, COMMIT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES, OR TO VIOLATE MORGAN COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY RULES
- INFORMATION REGARDING THE PRODUCTION OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL
- SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIALS
- THREATS, EXTORTION, OBSCENITY, OR GRATUTIOUS PROFANITY
- ANYTHING OF MONETARY VALUE OTHER THAN A MONEY ORDER
- OTHER CONTRABAND INCLUDING STAMPS, ENVELOPES, WRITING PAPER, OR ANY OTHER ITEM THAT CAN BE PURCHASED OFF THE STORE.
What can I bring to an Inmate?
Within the first 10 days of an Inmates incarceration, an Inmate may be brought the following items:
- 2 pair of white socks
- 2 pair of briefs or panties (or 1 underwear and 1 thermal
- 2 white t-shirts (or 1 t-shirt and 1 thermal top)
- 2 sports bras (no wire or clasps)
- 1 white towel
- 1 white washcloth
- 1 soft cover bible
ITEMS MUST HAVE THE INMATES NAME WRITTEN ON IT WITH BLACK PERMENANT MARKER